I love setting goals. Attaining them … that’s a different story.
I’m always looking for new ways to increase productivity and accomplishing those goals.
I recently stumbled across Zig Ziglar’s ‘Goals’ audio book. It was good.
I think stumbled across his performance planner. It was good.
I decided to hack his system and create my own performance planner.
Here’s how to use it:
- Write down your BIG weekly goals. In football terms, these are you big plays, your hail marys.
- Each day you will write down what you’ve done to accomplish that goal. Simple, eh?
- Next you have your Daily Priority List. These are your blocking and tackling of the week. The small tasks you need to complete each day.
- Then we have your ‘Daily Schedule’. This is for time tracking. In football terms this is your play-by-play of each day.
- Physical Activity. Healthy body leads to a healthy mind leads to productivity. I recommend 30 minutes per day.
- The 8 dimensions of life. I got this from my mentor at Leadership Design Group.
- What I’m looking at here is that each day you try and hit each of the dimensions. Whether that be family, social, spiritual. Work/Life balance can happen but what I am looking for is a balance throughout the week.
Well, there you have it. Simple, actionable.